Climate change is not just an environmental issue, it is also a business issue. Approximately three quarters of all man-made greenhouse gases are produced from burning fossil fuels such as oil and natural gas, and a majority of electricity in New England comes from coal and natural gas power plants. Businesses also account for more than half of energy consumption in the U.S.
With Mint’s Green Select option, customers can choose what percentage of their Mint power consumption they would like to offset, and Mint will purchase designated Green Select certified renewable energy certificates that customers can be used to offset their power purchases, which can be used to achieve general corporate sustainability goals, and/or gaining points toward LEED certification for high energy-efficient buildings. These certificates represent energy produced by renewable sources in use today, like wind, biomas, or solar power. Mint will track the REC purchases, which will also be made at competitive rates, and provide originating generation information if desired.
Reasons to go Green
- Help avoid and offset air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions
- Stimulate economies and create jobs
- Get closer to being emission neutral
- Generate positive publicity and enhance public and private image
- Reduce the vulnerability of our nation’s energy infrastructure
- Contribute towards fighting climate change
Let Mint set up your Green Select account today
- Achieve your corporate sustainability goals
- Build your company’s green energy portfolio
- Gain points toward LEED certification for high energy efficient buildings